Looking for a delicious and healthy breakfast option? This recipe tastes great and is packed with good nutrition! Make a double batch and have leftovers another day for a grab-and-go breakfast option.
Makes 1 serving
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites (roughly ¼ cup)
- ⅓ cup canned pumpkin (optional)
- 2 tablespoons almond meal or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick spray or use small amount of canola oil to prevent sticking.
- Mix banana, egg, egg whites and optional pumpkin. Beat well to achieve smooth consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir just enough to remove any lumps.
- Pour ¼ cup batter at a time onto skillet. Flip after 3 – 5 minutes, or when bubbles form at the top and you can easily slide a spatula under. Cook another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Serve with fresh berries, small amount of maple syrup, or chopped walnuts.
Nutrition Information: 320 calories; 12 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat; 17 grams protein; 39 grams carbohydrate, 7 grams fiber, 0 grams added sugar.
Notes: Feel free to omit pumpkin or use applesauce for a different flavor.