Pumpkin season brings pumpkin products and flavors in abundance. Some choices are sweet treats (pumpkin donuts are a favorite in my household) and others can be more on the healthier side. Read on for my new favorite pumpkin recipe that can be easily enjoyed through the cold winter months!
Jess’ Perfect Pumpkin Oatmeal (serves 1)
- ½ cup steel cut oats (cooked)
- ¼ cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup milk (or plant-based milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoon nut of your choice
- 1 tablespoon dried fruit of your choice
Simply combine the ingredients and enjoy! If you like a little more sweetness in your oatmeal, you can try a vanilla plant-based milk (I did this with vanilla soy milk and am totally addicted), or try adding 1-2 teaspoon maple syrup. Happy and healthy eating! For more fun recipes, reach out to email@example.com!
Content submitted by Jessica Roy, MS, RD, LDN