Weight training offers many benefits, both physically and mentally. When done correctly, weight training can help you lose fat, increase your strength and muscle tone, and improve your bone density, balance, and posture. Plus, it can help you feel more confident and improve your mood. However, it is crucial that you get started the right way to avoid injury and maximize results.
- Seek guidance from a certified personal trainer
- Focus on form, not weight
- Start with an appropriate amount of weight
- Always warm up first
- Don’t overdo it or ignore pain
- Schedule post-workout recovery & rest days
- Seek balance & stick with a routine
Note that the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) highly recommends consulting a certified Personal Trainer to help you assess your current level of fitness and movement capabilities. To get a custom training program specifically focused on helping you reach your health and wellness goals, email firstname.lastname@example.org.